First City CrossFit
is partnering with
First City CrossFit is partnering with the Sneakers4Funds (S4F) organization to collect gently worn, used or new running shoes and sneakers to redistributed throughout the Sneakers For Good network of micro-enterprise (small business) partners. Sneakers4Funds works with micro-entrepreneurs in helping them create, maintain and grow small businesses in developing countries where economic opportunity and jobs are limited. Proceeds from the sales of the athletic shoes collected in the Sneakers For Good program are used to feed, clothe and house their families. One budding entrepreneur in Haiti even earned enough to send to her son to law school.
First City CrossFit will also earn funds based on the total weight of sneakers collected, then Sneakers4Funds will issue a check for the collected sneakers. Those dollars will be used to buy more equipment to help our members like you get fit. Anyone can help by donating gently worn, used and new running shoes.
By recycling gently worn, used and new sneakers, the running shoes will be given a second chance and make a difference in people’s lives around the world and stay out of landfills.
Athletic shoes have to be good enough for people to sell in developing countries. So, here are some critical points to ensure you send us the right types of sneakers.
1. S4F only accept pairs of gently worn, used and new sneakers and running shoes. They have to be clean, dry and wearable.
2. Pairs need to be mated and laces tied. S4F does not accept sneakers and running shoes that have holes, torn toe boxes, or
soles that are detaching. Clean, wearable sneakers in good condition with laces tied or rubber banded together.
3. S4F does not accept athletic shoes that are wet, with soles that are too worn, breaking apart, dirty and not usable.
4. S4F does not accept athletic shoes with uppers that are worn through, cracked, or have tears.
5. S4F has provided use with cardboard collection boxes and they will pay for the shipping so all you need to do it make sure they meet the requirements above.
For any questions, feel free to reach out to Sneakers4Funds at (407) 930-2979 or email@example.com For more info, go to www.sneakers4funds.com.